The browser serves as the most important interface among the on-premises natural environment, the cloud, and the web in the modern day enterprise. As a result, the browser is also exposed to numerous sorts of cyber threats and operational dangers.
In light of this significant obstacle, how are CISOs responding?
LayerX, Browser Security system provider, has polled much more than 150 CISOs across multiple verticals and geolocations. They requested them about their security practices for SaaS entry, BYOD, phishing, browser information decline and browser security. The final results of this substantial poll can be uncovered in the report “2023 Browser Security Survey”. In this post, we carry a flavor of the report. You can read all the results and investigation below.
Protect and backup your data using AOMEI Backupper. AOMEI Backupper takes secure and encrypted backups from your Windows, hard drives or partitions. With AOMEI Backupper you will never be worried about loosing your data anymore.
Get AOMEI Backupper with 72% discount from an authorized distrinutor of AOMEI: SerialCart® (Limited Offer).
➤ Activate Your Coupon Code
- Corporations in the cloud are uncovered to web-borne attacks. 87% of all-SaaS adopters and 79% of CISOs in a hybrid environment skilled a web-borne security risk in the previous 12 months.
- Account takeover is a prime concern. 48% checklist credential phishing as the riskiest browser threat. Followed by destructive browser extensions (37%), malware obtain (9%), and browser vulnerabilities (6%).
- Unsanctioned apps and shadow identities are perceived as unaddressed security gaps. 95% of businesses have a coverage degree of 50% or considerably less for unsanctioned applications.
- Most organizations hire at the very least two security actions to beat phishing attacks. 79% make use of network security tools, like firewalls and SWGs.
- Both equally all-SaaS and hybrid companies use network alternatives to block phishing, but know this is not an productive technique. 80% have a protection stage of 50% or fewer.
Case in point finding from the report
Read the entire report and its recommendations in this article.
What These Results Suggest
The attention-grabbing benefits of the survey have led LayerX analysts to conclude that although SaaS adoption is (unsurprisingly) on the increase, CISOs are however battling to clear up the security credit card debt created by the transition to the cloud. Threats like phishing, account takeover and unsanctioned applications are top fears for CISOs, who are looking for remedies that can mitigate them.
Even so, present network remedies usually are not in a position to present a protected signifies. This is due to the fact methods made use of by on-prem businesses this kind of as gadget trust, CASB or network proxies, are getting rid of effectiveness when the organization transitions to the cloud. As a outcome, in most organizations they are not applied across all environments. In addition, well known answers like MFA also aren’t capable to provide on their promise.
So what can CISOs do? Because the issue stems from the browser, it needs a browser security alternative.
Found this write-up appealing? Abide by us on Twitter and LinkedIn to read more distinctive content we put up.
Some components of this article are sourced from: