Hacking is a person of the glitzier areas of IT, and Hollywood often bombards us with illustrations or photos of black-clad hackers hunched malevolently about glowing screens. Sadly, genuine-planet hacking is not fairly as glamorous as it’s typically built out to be – but that doesn’t mean it’s not a intriguing and energetic career.
In this week’s episode, we sit down with expert pen-tester and Cyberis director Gemma Moore to locate out what the existence of a hacker for seek the services of is actually like, the frequent security holes that thieves exploit, and why laziness is a hacker’s biggest weapon.
Elsewhere, we explore the Twitterpocalypse which noticed confirmed users barred from tweeting, and the landmark conclusion by the govt to get rid of Huawei from the UK’s 5G networks, as nicely as what it could indicate for UK firms.
- Obama, Biden and Musk Twitter accounts hacked in Bitcoin fraud
- Twitter hack exposes 250,000 user facts (2013)
- Why the Huawei ban could be disastrous for UK corporations
- The Person has ruined my Huawei P40
- US formally designates Huawei and ZTE as countrywide security threats
- Can tech endure devoid of China?
- Deutsche Telekom tells Nokia to condition up with Huawei ban looming
- Ericsson improves 5G forecast as knowledge need surges
- Gigabit broadband and 5G could jumpstart the UK economic system, report promises
- Can the UK develop a 5G giant to just take on Huawei?
- Ethics of red workforce security tests questioned in new report
- Tales from the front line: The tricks of the Pink Crew exposed
- What is phishing?
- 10 fast recommendations to determining phishing email messages
- IT pros air their opinions on phishing personnel
- The IT Pro Podcast: How do we repair security?
- HP announces lockdown-helpful security merchandise
- Most UK workers you should not want to return to the business office
- What hackers do not want you to know
- Why business enterprise resilience issues in periods of disaster (and past)
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to The Business enterprise Briefing
- Subscribe to the IT Pro e-newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Some areas of this write-up are sourced from: